Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Loving You to Mayonaka To Doa

Minnie Ripperton's Loving You MV

Loving You by Minnie Ripperton

Loving you
Is easy because you're beautiful....
Making love with you
Is all I want to do....
Loving you
Is more than just a dream come true....
And everything that I do
Is out of loving you....

No one else can make me feel
The colors that you bring....
Stay with me while we grow old....
And we will live each day in spring time....

Because loving you....
Has made my life so beautiful....
And every day of my life
Is filled with loving you....
Loving you....
I see your soul come shining through....
And everytime that we....
Oh I'm more in love with you....



I first heard somewhere in some drama before but it's finally South Park that made me went to listen to the song proper. The song featured in a gag about Stan's Uncle Jimbo rigging a bomb on the mascot of the Cowboys which Stan's Cows team are suppose to play against. When Richard Stamos hits the high F, the bomb will be triggered off killing the mascot. It's especially wicked finally when Richard Stamos didn't screw up on the high F. LoL. Btw it's in the episodes from Season 1 of South Park titled "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride"

Anyway Minnie Ripperton is amazing. The rest of her songs are worth checking. BtW, she passed away before I was born.




Here's a rendition of the same song by Jane Zhang Liang Yin, 3rd place winner of China's 1st and maybe last Idol style Singing Competition, on youtube. Here's a more polished rendition she sung in an award ceremony.

She's also sung the Opening Theme to China's version of the Return of Condor Heroes in which Liu Xifei played Xialong Nu.

To my bitter amusement, Liu Xifei sung ED theme to Powerpuff Gals Z.
Check this out. A full version with Xifei playing an escaped singer on her birthday.
And a fan's merging of the
ED sequence to her chinese edition of the same song


No comments: