Saturday, September 09, 2006

SD G-Gen Portable (PSP...duH)

http://www.ggenep.com/pc/

I been watching my brother playing for like quite some time (since the 1st PS G-Gen. He is currently playing G-Gen F. Which is why the PS is still plugged in). Since I am still the PSP hogger I might as well test trial his latest purchase (but damn! GUndam Battle Royale is slated for next month's release!!! Seems my whole life is run by Gundam).

Overall the animation loads faster than the good old PS version (PS2's edition aren't that FAST too!!!) and if you select the option, you still can switch it off by pressing the START button. FMV is loaded quickly and pretty nice but if you had been playing G-Gen all these years...you get wat I mean.

I just started on the MSG scenario so it pretty much not pushed to the limits yet. All the commands are there. However for the Team Formation in Battle Options (pre battle preps), the production and assignment of MS comes across as pretty much "hidden". It took me 3 days to figure out how to call out and assign a pilot to a MS in the Captured Storage. Gone is the days where you need to move your captured units to your MS Storage before you can assign a pilot. Steps were skipped to make the game flow faster.

In addition, you no longer need to train scenario units to unlock them for the factory. Once you clear the scenario, you will get the units ready for manufacturing.
However the game will cap your progress thru capital issues but that can solved thru multiple replays of a stage and of course planning to get a Higher Haro Score (score is indicated and translated into $. Haro is to indicate Score Rank: Normal, Bronze, Silver and Gold).

It's a good thing to see that GGP is taken account of it being portable especially when it's a packed with multi-media contents. However I believe in terms of challenging the player...maybe it's not there. Simply a good ride entertainment.

That's all for the moment. Maybe I will continue coverage GGP as I progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.