Thursday, August 02, 2007

Fanboy THINKTANK

dkiwi did an inspiring post on his blog (Hey! I wouldn't be posting his link here!!! Haha!!! Go google!!! No I am not scared of the social backlash. Just the post was meek on his blog compared to his post captured on the sgcafe forum. Read it in Original Flavour via other people's quoting before he EDIT).



Anyway, he was going fascist in a way, as to defend his love while expressing that there are people of SUBSTANCE (as pertaining to going to school, Cream of Crop of the University) that are watching.

Of course we usually use examples like that just to get people from smacking a LOSER label on yourself.

But the big winner is from this line

(quoting dkiwi)
Well, this proves the smart, mature ones appreciate anime, and the dumb, narrow-minded ones are stuck to their dramas and movies.

which I find, in especially, amusing. It's fascist. Probably more fascist than when Mr. KKP slapped his Cosfuck label on almost everyone on his Cosfuck Awareness Drive Days.

All the sudden I realised this guy probably is a cross between a Parent who discover that D&D chess pieces that SCREAMS when thrown in Fire and a Pothead.

Here's more his weird rambling. Yes. Maybe the sky is really falling but we had to be GREEN. We rather live with the sky falling than being drowned like rats as envisioned by the Greatest Discover and Inventor of LAST CENTURY, Mr Al Gore. (Buy An Inconvenient Truth today!!!Now on DVD!!!)

actually an industry expert in another forum has already confirmed at least manga readers (which branch into consumers of anime, light novels and visual novels) are smarter than the average consumer. Yes, its the chuangyi manga forum.This stems from how the average consumer things that anime and manga is "just cartoons and comic books" and shuns them, while those with higher IQ are able to appreciate them to a deeper degree and start commenting on them. Would any of your normal friends pick up Potemayo? I don't think so. Yet alot of anime bloggers have commented on it positively. And Potemayo is Seinen as well, which means it targets the 18-30 male crowd.Like I have already stated, its the truth. It isn't like I didn't grow up reading these really thick novels from the likes of Jeffery Archer and Isaac Asimov. I watched more than my far share of dramas and movies. But why do I prefer light novels and manga to normal novels? 'Coz ultimately, they are a superior form of entertainment and not mindless American drivel that our society is consuming, causing their brains to degenerate. The propoganda from the government isn't helping either.Please don't let societal pressure convince you otherwise. Its the truth. Light Novels like Suzumiya Haruhi are definitely much harder to write than a draggy novel, which allows much more room for character development. Unskilled and boring. Light novels need to move quickly, and can be very complex as well such as Suzumiya Haruhi. My take on the religious and scientific expect of Suzumiya Haruhi (I didn't import this over as I felt it was abit offensive):

oh shit. It seems I am attacking on his state of mind delusion more than anything.
But who can buy that without being mistake that someone is Sniffing Glue???
Light Novels are harder to write and allow more room for character development???

I really wonder what kind of garbage he had been reading since he discover how to read, before he made a switch to Japanese Light Novels.

Reading Potemayo proves nothing. Really. In fact I never heard of it, possibly because it's over ecchi, or playing heavily on the MOE card.

It's like, I read Sandman and really, that encounter didn't make me more a Shakespeare fan, nor a Goth (fanbase of Sandman covers a prominent among of Goth). I got zero piercings or tattoos.
Sandman is just a good piece of literature/art that make us goes introspective on ourselves. I can't say I got smarter in anyway BUT I do gain something in the end. I wonder if I threw a bundle of Sandman to this dKiwi.....

anyway back to being the fascist....

You're correct there, but I'm really not an escapist. I'm not so rigid as to shun all movies and dramas. I got my circle of friends and we go out for movies quite often. SG is caught in the movie trap seriously... that's the main social gathering.I don't flame Transformers openly in front of my friends although I think it SUCKS DICK.I'm not escaping reality here, more embracing it. Most movies (and sickening dramas) I watch disappoint me tremendously, and I wonder why everyone thinks they are good. Are they the ones escaping reality or me I wonder, I wonder.In fact the excuse that most people give me for catching local dramas is because they got "nothing better to do". They can sense it sucks, but yet they don't wanna watch better stuff.

Ok. He's hell of deluded. I wonder if it's being in NS or Singaporean or a Haruhist Extremist or what. Or he got a major tendency to disagree with the Mass (God Knows). The Transformers isn't the best movie of the Year (not Yet) but it certain doesn't Sucks Dick (how a movie sucks dick???I only know got movies that got plenty of dick sucking but no movie can actually does that act....I am sure any movie with that function will SELL. Everyone is tired of self helping.)

If anime had made me anything, it made me a pussy.
It made me to think that there's two side of a coin.
That trying to be too hard from being something you dislike might just make you ultimately the worse person you want to be.
Trying to make everyone look your way, only make everyone turn the other way.
That every action begets a reaction.
That fascism, racism is never the right path.

I just wonder how anyone who watch anime can end up being that way. Strange indeed.

No comments: