Tuesday, August 10, 2004

National Day Parade!(Singapore)

Thanks to my Aunt,my bro and I get to watch the Last NDP at Kallang National Stadium before they renovate.

This year the funpack bag is definately of higher quality (wondered if anything to do with PM Goh or soon to-be PM Lee) and with some MOD (I am too lazy.) it could be a bag you bring around and still will not reveal it's Origin.Every thing is quite standard althought, well, good.However kinda boring because it's all the human formation and stuff,pyrotechnics,video screen,then it loops.I remember of a more variety in previous NDP that is in 2000.

Snippet :
(I saw this at the video wall for a chinese song)
Wo men , Wo men
wo men , Wo men
oh yeah!

Note : Wo men here means us in chinese hanyu pinying.

JJ Lim sang the theme song 'Home' (dunno which year one) this year.I am the standard old fart.Gimme Kit Chan anytime!And look!It's Kit Chan!!!!If there's a need for JJ to sing, I wish he gets a song for himself to suit his 'R&B rap style.Messing up a classic is BAD move.

Pre-show is standard.This year is Sub-par I guess.Except for the flying fox SCDF guy over my head,everything is pretty standard.The MC also lost the synergy they used to have.I guess is because Gurmit and Sharon are like...here every year?

As the show comes to an end, I noticed people started moving and even before the President.What's the rush????Where's the respect???Once Mr Nathan exits,the crowds starts heading for the gates, despite the announcer saying there's a tribute video for PM Goh.Singaporeans!Where's your concern,your respect for a man who worked his guts out (YES.He got a fat pay check and Authority.SO???) for Singapore???Could you just slow down and wait for the man to make his exit???He is a Big Shot, Yes, but all in all he had been with us, good times and bad times.So you guys think that by gaining that extra minute you gonna beat the crowd?Dun make me laugh.It's had only a 20% chance of happening.

End of it all, litters are left on the stadium and the media remarked that Singaporeans are an ungrateful lot.To the media, the people who are not there:
If it's so.Kallang Stadium will be a heap of rubbish!It's only a minor few compare to the whole crowd!!!

Out in the open, human jams and people are like on a riot whenever Road Marshals halt them.We took any route and beat the crowd.I think I am ahead of those who are actually skipped the tribute video.So long suckers!

No comments: