Friday, June 27, 2008

Final Fantasy III DS.

Yes first off check the Opening CG to the Game On the Youtube.

Ah it's pretty but what's with the costume change???

Yes, one of the few oddity about this game is that you cannot explain the Job System in ,say, REALITY or plotwise. Haha, indeed however, the Clothes does made the Man (or Woman). The job market is open to everyone, althought with the Gender ratio of 3 is to 1, there might be a.....well completely biased job allocation based on appearance. Lol.

These are the top 3 Job level for my characters at the end of game.

Luneth (that's the white hair guy)
1. Thief (Lv. 52) 2. Ninja (Lv. 42) 3. Freelance (Lv. 28)
Not just because I think Luneth makes a good looking Thief, but also a thief is a good character to have in the party for early game. For some odd reasons Luneth has a high Freelance level due to.....I couldn't remember but it attributes to that he is alone in the begining with no other jobs to choose from. I had him as a ninja in the end only because he is a Thief. Take it as a job advancement (not).

Arc (the weak boy. lol.)
1. Scholar (Lv. 48) 2. Bard (Lv. 35) 3. Summoner (Lv. 30)
I admit it's purely appearance for the choices I made. I mean look at him! He shouldn't be carrying a sword!!! Of course no one should be going on with the game without a Summoner/Evoker. Can't explain for the Scholar usage but a scholar is necessary for a certain boss and I need the BOOST for item use. Plus he looks good in a scholar garb.

Refia (the only girl)
1. White Mage (Lv. 81) 2. Devout (Lv. 35) 3. Freelancer (Lv. 10)
Yes. Gender Biaseness. I might make a controlling father if I ever had a daughter. That and I am the gamer who absolutely need someone to cast curative spells in my party. Usually that person will be a girl. Shoot me but I don't care.

Ingus (the blondie)
1. Warrior (Lv. 54) 2. Red Mage (Lv. 24) 3. Dragoon (Lv. 21)
Ah Ingus. Being the last guy in recruit, Ingus earns the role of having to fit in.

Really.

I need someone to hit hard. Who has to do it?
Ingus (since there's no heavy hitter in my party back then).
I need someone to cast Black Magic. Who has to do it?
Ingus (since no one can cast black magic back then).
I need a Dragoon. Who has to do it?
Ingus (even if I could just convert everyone to a Dragoon as I had enough equipment for that to happen).
Despite for all the sacrifices he made, Ingus hardly stays alive at the end of Boss Fights. I can't say I didn't try. It just happens.

See the part which I mention my reviews sucks? There's really no structure in it but fuck structure. Anyway. Let's talk about why FF III DS isn't really that appealing to said the gamers who might be shelling out around $49 or more (but in Play-Asia, it's $47.74). For useless information, I paid $35 for a shop resale copy. No. I don't really buy all my games 2nd hand. I got First hand Stuffs but I save that for another entry.

Reasons no one should be playing FF III DS:
01) You want epic storylines as convoluted as possible. FF III is strip down in that aspect and hauntingly reminding the players, that elements that impress you in narration and game play in the latter games had their roots over here.
02) Retro gaming just don't feel right in a remade.
03) The characters look chubby or tubby. Or Fat.
04) There's no 20 side quests to do each time you got a free roam period.
05) You get the real Side Quests if you exchange free codes and send a certain amount of messages via the Mognet through Wifi. I don't think it's fair to be locking up portion of the game so that you can say..... find friends to talk about the game? Really? I don't know. I don't get it.
06) There's nothing you can do after you complete the game. No New Game Plus. Just a save update on stats. Oh yes there's something you can do. Play the Side Quests. Fuck you Square Enix. Fuck you. Do you people know that every time someone use the Mognet, a Moggle lose it's wings?
07) You only play FF7 and related games. You think Sephiroth will start balding if you play anything that's Final Fantasy and unrelated to FF 7.
08) You only play one game in your life. Countstrike
09) You only play one game in your life. DoTA. Heck it wasn't even a real game.
10) You only play MMORPG.
11) You only play one RPG. The one in your pants, you quick firing imbecile.
12) You don't own a DS. (And you don't have to. Really)
13) You got Metal Gear Solid 4.
14) You are still playing Metal Gear Solid.
15) You are still playing Metal Gear Solid 2.
16) You are still playing Metal Gear Solid 3.
17) You got a Wii
18) You got a Pokemon GOD
19) You are a Guitar Hero.
20) You got Final Fantasy IV DS.

20 reasons why you shouldn't be playing FF III DS. So are there any reasons why you should?

It's FF3. Never had it been in English officially on any other consoles. If you are a traditional console RPG player, you know how difficult it is to find anything that's turn base and as engaging. It's pretty neat to grind as you go since you can go on lengthy train/bus without needing to pay extra attention. As oppose some of the other games that's really good on the DS but you had to really sitting down to enjoy.

And yes, Final Fantasy IV will be out this month.

P.S. The last boss for the game is called Cloud of Darkness. It's a green Meduse like creature with 2 tentacles. Not some spikey blondie with a Badass Big Sword.

No comments: