Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My Chemical Romance don't make you suicidal. Maybe it was Your Chemical Romance

Disclaimer: This is an entry of Exploitation. I am simply doing this, just for the very fact I can dig My Chemical Romance on the title of this entry (Read. It's on the top). I do not endorse the very notions of Hurt, be it on Inflict on Self or Others by Self or Others, as a way of escaping or simply to get "High" or any other negative stereotype notions that are loosely linked to Emo music usually by either Idiots who Like Emo Music or just plain Idiots who didn't like Emo music.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-564611/Girl-13-hangs-obsessed-Emo-suicide-cult-rock-band.html



I couldn't tell but laugh when the article quoted lines from The Black Parade in which I believe to be a song about Fighting Against Oppression and the Odds and Keep on Living. Not a song about Glorifying Yourself By Killing yourself (which I believe is likely to be easier to achieve by going to Romania and asking Vampires to make yourself as their equal.) I mean how many My Chemical Romance followers are out there? If they were all suicidal and wanted to kill themselves, I am pretty sure Gerard Way and friends wouldn't be making any money at all. In fact they probably killed themselves too since they didn't know anyone who like their music (since the fan were all dead. From Killing Themselves).

Remember this:


My Chemical Romance don't make me want to kill myself. Maybe it was Your Chemical Romance.

When most people are obsessed in something beyond the norm, it's usually a cry for attention. Poor Hannah probably died because no one try to see her as a person but a label (E.g. Emo Kid, Teenager). More cases like this will occurred in one fashion or another and trying to pin the blame on a media/music/culture wouldn't necessary solve anything.



No. I don't particularly love Emo.

No comments: