Friday, July 08, 2005

The usual as Far as I can recall entry

I'm lazy.

Some how I have been too lazy to update.
I am not really busy enough not to update.
Then again I am busy enough to do a lot of stuff.

Most of these days I went to sleep.
I slept at noon when I off.

Didn't really want to go out.

I watch the usual B grade Hk movies on vcd when I am not sleepy.
I also did a lot Batman watching (althought I didn't get to watch Batman Begins). I watched the entire season 1 of The Batman animation series. It was pretty nice althought they totally screwed the chronology and some of the villians' history.
And Bruce Wayne looks like Jackie Chan (As of the Animated Jackie).
Not that I am complaining. Clark Kent used to look like Bruce Wayne ( of Original TAS) until Batman team up with Superman and Bruce Wayne looks like someone else in the Superman TAS.

Got really into The Ravages of Time. This HK B&W comic sets in the Totally Romantic Era of Three Kingdoms. Of course I am still clueless why they called it the Romance of Three Kingdom because there pretty much nil female characters in the book.

Anyway the book is pretty much littered with battle of wits, chivalry and unstoppable generals.
Also an overkill of faux death, decoy generals, multiple identities and 1vs1000 scenarios.
And the biggest mindfuck involves a character called Meng.
Meng is an archer in the team of mercenary called the Crippled.
He also looks like a gal. They refer him as an eunuch. Yet he looks like a girl.
And he IS Diao Chan. One of the legendary Beauties in THAT ERA.
And that's not the end of it. He also had a liking for Liao Yuan Huo a.k.a Zhao Huo a.k.a Zilong a.k.a Zhao Yun a.k.a Leader of the Crippled.
And in recent volume (18)....Meng kissed Huo before he fell into the ravines (and into the 'arms' of Lu Bu who still thinks Meng is a woman).
And before that happened, Huo actually refers to Meng as 'biao zi' which means some what like bitch or slut in chinese when he tried to rescue Meng from Gan Ning.....so Huo...actually took Meng for a woman???
Oh the BL. LoL.
Subsequently Huo never returned to Sima Yi's side (BL pairing alert!) after that. He was so depressed by Meng's 'death' that he didn't returned back to marry Shu-zi from the Sun Family and finally making it quite official where Huo's heart went to.

Chen Mou was indeed very smart by inserting quite a lot of filler plots to beef up the RoTk background and extending the lifespan of the book. So much that, I expected, Longlang Zhuan to be very much shorter compare to RoT. I also believe he designed most of the key characters to be bishonen so as to gather a female following.

I also bought the Dreamers series by David Eddings. Didn't read them yet just like the LoTR novels. Read Twisted Toyfare Theatre however. Looking for volume 2-4 of the BEST series.

No comments: