Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Aiya just blog lah.....

Lazy and wanted to do something else but maybe let's just recount what I read,seen,experience for the past few days....

18/07/05

Watched Sin City with Inova and Yuki from Sgcafe.
It's actually the 1st time I watched a R21 title so it kinda memorable thing to do????
Anyway it was a great movie and very nicely done.Can't wait for the DVD.I believe the book is actually much darker.Comic violence and comic violence acted out is a totally different issue.I virtually laughed at most the violence scene (esp Merv's....who deliver a punch with a punchline all the time).

I bought Densha Otoko which I wanted to read so badly after reading about it on alpha's website.

19/07/05

I read Densha Otoko whenever I got time. The book is thick but only because of the BBS styled pages (it's a reproduction of a BBS actually...omitting most of the irrelevant posts)

It's a fairytale for the Modern Otaku.I am going to get a new copy and circulate my older one to all my otaku (male) friends.

One thing about the Densha Otoko Densetsu happening in Singapore is not possible.
Singapore is so darn safe especially the MRT that a woman will not thank you and appreciate you for the moment of bravery as exhibited by Densha.
Unlike in Japan, getting on a Densha (the equivalent of MRT in Singapore except they go further and faster) can be a frightening experience. Especially for women (check out the Densha Chihan games!!!LoL)thus Miss Hermes was so impressed with Densha for his act of impulsive justice.
And Singapore women where got like Miss Hermes like that....in fact I think the Densha Otoko is just an urban tale to make us Otaku feels better.
Thank You Densha!You give me the bravery to believe again!!!

Oh ya I saw Ivy Lee......oh my god....*faints*

30/07~01/07

In a strange twist of fate (perhaps due to Twisted Toyfare Theatre or the lack of manga in Kino Bugis), I bought Marvel comics again.I was thinking what to get when I spotted Spiderman: Blue. It's a book on how Peter Parker almost didn't get to love Gwen Stacy (before all the Ultimate and Movie Makeover, Gwen Stacy is Peter's 1st Love).

It's anti-climatic because they didn't wrote in the part on how she died.

So Monday I got nothing to do and lot of things in mind so I bought another book.
It's called Marvels and what it caught my attention is Alex Ross's drawing. Man he is
good.

Never did I expected that Marvels offer what Spiderman:Blue left out....strange....

Marvels is a great book....I urge people who like the Golden Age of Marvel to at least have a look.

Oh ya I read Crying for Love at the Center of the World (the manga). I nearly cried. I think some lost memories are coming back!???Like real. I thank god I didn't watch the movie with Inova.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ketchup, however is quite complex from the point of view of class - an English obsession. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose parka sale[/url] Tateossian are also well known for their mechanical cufflinks such as working thermometers, compasses and watches which can act as a real talking point.. [url=http://www.sagoparap.org]canada goose outlet sale[/url] Vkgyenguh
[url=http://www.texsoco.com]http://www.texsoco.com[/url] Nqxptkywj http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk bujviphcl